Friday, March 5, 2010

That wasn't as bad as I thought...

I didn't cry or get emotional. I didn't crack (too many) inappropriate jokes.

The lady who came to our house from Neptune was very respectful, established a rapport with my mom quickly, and refrained from being pushy. She was pleasant to be around.

My mom signed up.

The total was just under $2,200 and included the travelers provision.

It's quite a peace of mind to know that when the time comes all I have to do is call the 1-800 number and her body will be picked up within an hour, everything taken care of. The company has no debt, an excellent BBB rating, and holds the money she's paid in trust to guarantee it will be there when she passes. No matter where in the world she is when she passes they'll get her back to me.

And, as she said, "It has to be done anyway, and that's money you won't have to spend."

No comments:

Post a Comment