Sunday, May 11, 2008

The easiest decision ever

We arrived at the Toyota dealership and after a brief recap of our needs (the internet rep I was dealing with had the day off) we were on our way towards the Corolla. I got inside and was instructed how to move the seat down and back, change the tilt, and maneuver the steering wheel. Right off I could tell I was in trouble. I would be able to drive the car--barely. And that was with everything set optimally.

I looked at my husband and said, "before I even put the key in this car, you need to see if you'll fit."

With his knee brace on, there was no way that he'd be able to drive the car. Without it he could drive it, but only if he really had to.

We also tried out the Matrix which had the same lease. They tried to get us to try a Scion, only $30 a month more. No, thanks.

I called mom on the way home. All of us were cracking up about it. When we got back she admitted that's why she didn't want to go with us. I asked why she hadn't told us about it. She said we needed to see for ourselves. I assume she meant that she really wanted us to feel like we had done due diligence in looking into other cars so we could get our PT Cruiser with a clear conscious.

Tomorrow mom and I are going back to Chrysler so she can test drive. If she likes them I'm going to work on negotiating the price lower and seeing if I can get us gas cards. I think they're only for the 2008. Since these two are 2007 they don't apply. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

If things work out favorably I'll make a small deposit so that when our Capital One checks come in the mail we can complete the deal. I can't apply for financing without my hubby so there's no point in doing that tomorrow. Mom is undecided.

The last thing we're going to do, when we go back to write the actual check and check their financing, is to say, "by the way, what would you give us for our cars?"

No comments:

Post a Comment