In the three weeks since I've taken control of our finances we:
- Have gone from no emergency savings to having $2500 in an interest bearing account.
- Have switched to a zero-based budgeting system which has curtailed our spending a great deal.
- In addition to the zero-based budgeting we're also using a cash-envelope system for some things and an electronic-envelope system for others.
- Have money saved towards several goals that are very important to us.
- Have changed the way we deal with non-monthly expenses.
- Have consolidated our debt and reduced our interest rate by half.
- Have acquired liability insurance for myself personally and for our company.
- Have canceled over $670/year in unnecessary monthly services.
- Have switched our phone service over to our cable provider and in turn saved over $380/year.
- May have an additional $500-$1000 at the end of the month to put towards something (I haven't decided what yet).
- Have come in under-budget for food and household items the last two weeks.
I think I'm going to post my successes on a regular basis. It's easy to start feeling badly about our previous choices and to get discouraged. I think we've made a terrific amount of progress. So that's what I'm going to focus on. We're building wealth, one day at a time.