Friday, April 25, 2008

Yes, my credit score is going down

Why? And why am I okay with this?

By closing the accounts that we have paid off we are lowering the amount of credit we have available. So what? The amount of credit used versus credit available directly affects credit scores. By lowering the amount of credit was have access to we are skyrocketing our ratio. I don't know how much to expect my credit score to drop, but drop it shall.

Why am I okay with this?

Because I would rather be out of credit card debt sometime within the next decade, thanks.

To me that means removing temptation.

Faith in God, faith in myself, and faith in my willpower are just not enough to get us through this crisis and get out of debt. If will power was enough, we wouldn't be in this situation to begin with.

So by removing temptation we are drastically limiting our options. We either have the money for something, or we don't. And that emergency fund isn't going to get dipped into nearly as often because it's our money rather than borrowed money. Our definition of emergency will change.

Bye, bye 685. I hope to see you again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment